Friday, March 2, 2012

Reading History

Reading has been in my blood forever...as a child I read whatever books the teachers loan me to take home and read. I went to the library on a regular basis and kept myself occupied as a child of a chronically ill mother who had to stay in bed. I remember reading her stories. In High School, I was directed by my English teacher to take Journalism and by my Senior year I was Editot-in-Chief. This was a fanastic experience and I learned a lot about presenting articles  in a newspaper that were readable to a wide range of my classmates, as well as, my teachers who took pride in the fact that I had been their student throughout my academic process.  I have always been interested in poetry and creative writing. My books of poems reflecting my current life are special to me, as well as, my many journals that maintain my personal account of living and loving life among my children, family and friends. I enjoy Oprah's magazine and Psychology Today just to name a few.

1 comment:

  1. Great reading history. Your experiences will serve you well as you contiue on your college journey. Keep reading and challenge yourself to read various genres. It will continually increase your vocabulary exposure.

    ReplyDelete